CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!








So we had the most wonderful memorial day, for the most part. We started off by going to our ward's annual memorial day breakfast at 7am. They had yummy fruit, eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, and orange juice. My favorite part was the orange juice. It wasn't watered down this year...YAY! After we ate we played Frisbee and everyone just played on the play ground and had a great time. Then we all gathered at the baseball field and had a good softball game. Both of the boys got to take turns going in the outfield with Daddy and playing. Both Braden and Lincoln wanted to bat, but they are still a little young. I sat in the bleachers and talked with the other sisters in our ward and watched the game. After the game was over we went and got Slurpee's at the nearby gas station. So yummy! We went home only to find that our air conditioning was not working. Of course no one is open to come and fix it on memorial day so we just had to suffer through the 87 degree weather. Barry went to go play golf with his dad and his brother Jeff while the boys and I tried to take naps in the hot house. Lincoln slept very soundly, Braden and I did not! Oh well. After naps we went to my in laws and had a BBQ. I love food, I love BBQ, and I am pregnant, so I ate a TON! We ended the day trying to cool dow by taking cold showers and settled in for a pretty cool night. We were lucky that the heat subsided.

1 comments:

Paige said...

I love the pictures & what a fun day! No AC reminds me of some of our houses in Illinois - so hot & humid I don't even want to think about it! I am glad you survived though. :)