CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

A new Twilight fan

So every afternoon before the kids go down for naps I tell them a bedtime story. I try to tell all kinds of stories. I have told smurf stories,the Jetsons, Flinstones, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Rosa Park, Albert Einstein, George Washington, Baden Powell, Abraham Lincoln...you get the idea. So today I was trying to think of something new and I decided I was going to tell them about Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. So for those of you who know the Twilight story I told them up to the part right before Bella figures out what Edward really is, and then I told them that I would finish telling them the story later. Braden turned to me and said, "But what is Edward, Mom?" I said, "You'll just have to wait and see. What do you think he is?" Braden said, "A super hero, maybe incredible hulk!" So 20 minutes after I had put them to bed, Braden got up to use the bathroom and while he was on his way to the bathroom he looked at me rather intensely and said, "But Mom, what is Edward!?!" I said, "you'll just have to wait." So then he woke up from his nap and said, "Mom will you tell me what Edward is, please?" So I finished the story and told him all about vampires and told him an edited version of the story. So now he has decided that he is a good vampire like Edward and we are a vampire family. He runs around chasing Lincoln acting like he is going to bite him. Don't worry I'm not totally irresponsible, I did tell him that vampires weren't real and made sure that he understood that. At the end of the story of Twilight he asked me, "Mom, what happened to the other 2 bad vampires, the ones that were with James?" So I told him that was a story for another time. I was so surpised that he took to the story so quickly, but why should I be, IT'S TWILIGHT!!!

3 comments:

Amanda X said...

Awesome!!! Braden is adorable! I miss your kids!

Love you!
-Amanda

Twila said...

That is so awesome. I am such a huge fan of that series. I totally feel like a teenager again when I get excited about it. I got the first book then the other three and read them everyday until I was finished! I am now a proud owner of the movie too. Tell Braden that he is awesome and give him a kiss for me!

Wendy said...

That is pretty funny.I love twilight book series. We had to get the movie when it came out and Ethan our seven year saw some of it...He wanted to see it because he is into vampires and saw how much I was loving reading the books, but he said he preffers the regualr vampires better, I thought that was pretty funny too.